easyUPC, changes data base settings?

Forum_easyUCP_Desc

easyUPC, changes data base settings?

Beitragvon Coroner » 13. Nov 2007 10:31

Hey guys! I'm back with what I think is a small issue that I never noticed until a friend pointed it out to me.

If I change something in the Registration page, then everything I set up in the profile page gets wiped out as if I never submitted any info for the fields?

If I change something in the Registration page then what ever I submitted in the Profile page goes away.

At first, I couldn't set my zip code (Weather mod) in the Registration page because it wouldn't take. It just went blank after submitting. I then started commenting in the usercp_register.php file and now I can only use one or the other. If I set my zip code then I lose all the profile information?

I have attached my usercp_register.php file for your review.

I also have the test account for you to go in and change the registration and profile information to get a first hand look at what the problem is.

PW= 654321

Once again, thank you so much for a great mod and your continued support.
Dateianhänge
usercp_register.zip
(14 KiB) 1746-mal heruntergeladen
Bild
Coroner
Spender

Beitragvon AmigaLink » 14. Nov 2007 08:26

Sorry Coroner I'am presently at time emergency through my main work. :? :evil:

Does the problem still exist?
Die deutsche Sprache ist Freeware, du kannst sie benutzen, ohne dafür zu bezahlen. Sie ist aber nicht Open Source, also darfst du sie nicht verändern, wie es dir gerade passt.
AmigaLink
Administrator

Beitragvon Coroner » 14. Nov 2007 08:50

Thanks for the reply and yes it's still happening. I just got home myself and haven't had a chance to continue looking for a solution. I keep thinking that it's just a matter of commenting out just the wright lines to shift control between both the Registration and profile pages. I just tried changing my password and my user name and each time it reset everything in the Profile back to blank? This means the changes work on either page, it just resets one another?

Please let me know what your thoughts are and I hope everything's going ok with the emergency at work.

Added after 5 days 10 hours 15 minutes:

Hey AmigaLink, I was up all night trying to find the wright place to place comments and for the lifr of me, I can't figure it out. I tried removing both Weather and Gender mods but the results remain the same. I can change all settings in either Profile or Registration pages but again, each erases each other's information once submitted. It appears that this issue has been around since the initial install?

Please help me with this. It feels like I'm so close but yet I just can't find the wright solution.

Thank you once again for a great mod and all your support.

Caused after further 12 days 1 hours 5 minutes:

Have you had a chance to look at this? I want to install the Birthday mod but don't want to move forward until this issue is resolved.

Please let me know!
Thanks!

Caused after further 4 days 13 hours 8 minutes:

Can anyone please have a look and see what needs to be done to fix this issue?

Please!

Caused after further 9 minutes:

Can anyone please have a look and see what needs to be done to fix this issue?

Please!

Sorry bud! I didn't see the portal thread before. You take some well deserved time off and GET SOME REST! I'll hang in and wait until your ready.

Hope all is well and please have a safe and pleasant Holiday.
Bild
Coroner
Spender

Beitragvon Coroner » 3. Feb 2008 04:09

Hello! Have you had a chance to look at this issue?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Added after 9 days 17 hours 55 minutes:

OK! I think I have found the problem. It's only the installed mods that now I can not change the settings for in the easyUCP. Gender and Extended will revered back every time I hit the submit button. I was able to fix the Weather mod by move some code in the usercp_register.php. It now works fine.

People can ad info in the something about field and a picture of themselves but in the Preferences section when I try to change Allow extra information view for: using the drop down, this reverts back to what ever it was originally set to.

In the Profile Information section, when I try to change gender type, it reverts back ti the original setting.

Apparently I screwed up the coding somewhere and really need help. Can you Please take a look at my current usercp_register.php file and see where the problem is?

Thank you very much for your continued support.

--Jim

Caused after further 9 days 5 hours 35 minutes:

Got gender fixed and working fine. I blew the addon coding. Still can't find the issue with the "Allow extra information view for:". It sticks to registored users. Can't find the problem so thats my only issue left. Can you please have a look and let me know what I did wrong so I can correct it?

Thanks!
Dateianhänge
usercp_register.zip
(14.37 KiB) 1618-mal heruntergeladen
usercp_register.zip
(14.37 KiB) 1593-mal heruntergeladen
Bild
Coroner
Spender

Beitragvon Coroner » 3. Jun 2009 21:57

Lack of support and functions. Removed easyUPC
Bild